Vruchi and I both absolutely love Mediterranean food. Our first Valentine's Day in 2011 was actually at a Greek Restaurant in Oxford Street, Sydney. I still remember the tender lamb cutlets that we ordered on that day. Made well, they simply explode with flavour in each bite. I decided one day that I was going to surprise Vruchi with my own attempt at marinated lamb cutlets.
I had actually taken a day off work, and decided in the morning that I was going to surprise Vruchi cooking lamb cutlets for dinner. I remember as soon as Vruchi left for work, I rushed off to Coles, grabbed a whole bunch of ingredients and got ready to get my hands dirty for the rest of the day.
It was five hours of solid effort. Well not really, maybe half an hour of chopping, defrosting and marinating and four and half hours of kicking back, relaxing with movies and beers and just letting the marinade do it’s job and soak in.
Vruchi came home and absolutely loved it. Totally winning this husband game!
Lamb Chops - 6 pieces (depending on how much you eat)
Red Onions - 2
Ginger - 1 table spoons
Garlic - 2 table spoons
Mint - 1 bunch
Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 table spoon (optional or add Greek yogurt)
Chilli - 4 (we eat on the spicy side, adjust to your taste)
Olive Oil - 2 table spoons
Lemon Juice - drizzle
Veggies & Salad on the side (I used asparagus, and packet salad with balsamic dressing)
1. Blend all the ingredients (not the lamb chops of course) in a mixer.
2. Generously coat the lamb chops and set aside (the longer the better! So you get to relax in the meantime ;) I marinated the lamb in the morning and left it until dinner time - a good 7 hours of marination!)
3. Once marinated, pre-heat oven to 160 degrees and grill the lamb chops until they are cooked through (takes approximately 30 to 40 minutes).
4. On a separate oven plate, drizzle the asparagus with a little bit of olive oil and pepper and grill in the last 5 mins of the oven cycle.
5. Arrange on plate with a side of salad!
6. Enjoy! :)